Director of Beauty Sales
Green Circle Salons is the industry’s first sustainable salon solution dedicated to fighting beauty waste and climate change. We have created a community of over 16,000 Waste Warriors who are keeping people and the planet beautiful.
Created by our Founder and CEO alongside beauty industry leaders our award winning program empowers salons to offset their emissions and recover up to 95 % of their beauty waste. That includes previously unrecoverable materials and hard-to-recycle materials like hair clippings, foils, excess hair colour, aerosol cans, and colour tubes.
Our goal is to help salons and spas be green, build revenue, gain clients and save money in a way that is ethical and simple. We do that while also ensuring that our own operations and practices are carbon neutral and sustainable. We’ve been certified by B Corp to acknowledge that we meet the highest standards of environmental and social responsibility.
The beauty industry creates 877 lbs of waste per minute. Our mission is to change that.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Performance Bonus
- Hybrid Position
- Benefits from day one
- Additional vacation day provided each year
- 4.5 day work week during summer months
- Career progression, within a dynamic growing company
- B-Corp Certified and Certified Zero Waste Organization
The responsibilities of the Director of Beauty Sales include developing key revenue-generating and customer retention strategies, tactics, and action plans. Successful execution of these strategies and tactics is required to achieve Green Circle Salons’ (GCS) Beauty Division’s business growth and financial targets. Under the direction of the VP of Revenue & Brand, the Director of Beauty Sales’ duties include setting and achieving annual targets for new and existing revenue streams, delivering overall revenue growth, building strong, long-lasting business relationships with Member Success Specialists, Sales team, Head of Corporate Sales and Schools & Academies and other stakeholders in the field, while keeping abreast of industry and consumer trends.
The Director of Beauty Sales will naturally align with our four core values:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop key revenue-generating and customer retention strategies, tactics, and action plans in the Beauty Division.
- Lead the Sales and Customer Care team toward meeting or exceeding revenue targets, company objectives, and client expectations.
- Identify service opportunities and develop processes to improve the sales function and customer experience.
- Ensure open communication with new and existing customers, manufacturers, distributors and internal teams.
- Support ongoing training and orientations with prospective and existing customers, accounts, partners, manufacturers and distributors.
- Closely monitor and measure ongoing pipelines and activities, sales/company initiatives, ensuring communication cadence, internally and externally.
- Work with the VP of Revenue & Brand to continually assess the department for areas of improvement.
- Demonstrate outward leadership, ownership and alignment with Senior Leadership Team decisions.
Sales and Business Development
- Coach, grow and develop the skills and capabilities of the Sales and Member Success teams. Support the Head of Corporate Sales and Regional Sales Leaders to ensure they deliver against monthly, quarterly, and annual targets and support all SEM’s staff in meeting their KPIs.
- Lead and support ongoing business development and stakeholder engagement.
- Act as a brand ambassador through participation in promotional and media events, media presentations, workshops with educational institutions and academies, and trade shows with manufacturers and distributors.
- Work with the VP of Revenue and Brand to develop sales strategies, identify opportunities for growth, new products and services, and assist with annual and long-term sales strategy, planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Provide market intelligence on competition, new products, pricing, costs, trends and market demand.
- Analyze the market landscape and develop strategic sales plans to maximize market opportunities.
- Support the company’s Customer Care team towards meeting their KPIs and delivering an excellent customer experience.
- Work with the VP of Revenue & Brand to enhance the quality of service to GCS customers through innovative practices and team coaching.
- Monitor client service and customer experience trends and develop and implement best practices.
- Ensure that the member success team members are always following set standards, procedures and policies.
- Conduct effective service training for client-facing team members.
- Communicate with senior executives regarding customer care service issues and KPIs.
- Leverage Hubspot to maintain detailed records on GCS customers, programs and results.
Planning and Reporting
- Work with the VP of Revenue & Brand to create and direct long-term and short-term departmental goals and strategies.
- Develop KPIs aligning with company goals and objectives, measure and regularly report on progress against KPIs, and ensure accurate and timely communication of company goals and strategies.
- Work alongside the VP of Revenue & Brand to set the departmental budget.
- Collaborate with other departments to align the department’s goals with other areas of the business.
- Establish pricing strategies by product and service to build revenue and market share while delivering on corporate profit margin expectations.
- Recommend revisions and additions to existing sales reports and assist with developing new reporting tools.
- Lead talent acquisition and retention for the SEM department.
- Determine the ROI of GCS participation in stakeholder events and partnerships.
- Confidentially handle sensitive information.
- Where required, assist in smoothly exchanging information, responsibilities, and materials.
- Demonstrated ability to drive and deliver revenue and KPIs.
- Strong experience in all aspects of sales, including lead generation and nurturing, revenue growth strategies, distribution channel management, account development and management, and business planning.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct sales teams, both retail and wholesale.
- Excellent grasp of brand building and articulation of value propositions.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Excellent teamwork and team-building skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and customers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability with accounting and financial practices.
- Experience creating and managing budgets for a large, distributed department.
- Growth and hunting mindset.
- Experience working in scale-up companies.
- Strong problem-identification and problem-resolution skills.
- Experience creating incentives and compensation plans.
- A High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite and Google Workspace.
- A high degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong critical thinking skills and reasoning capabilities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to monitor financial accountabilities.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field required.
- Minimum (7-10) years of experience in sales, stakeholder relationship management and customer care.
- 3-5 years of direct work experience in a senior management capacity.
- 3-5 years Beauty experience is an asset.
- Must hold a valid Drivers Licence.
Please submit your application by April 13, 2023 by 5:00 p.m. EST. to https://greencirclesalons.bamboohr.com/careers/24?source=aWQ9MTc%3D
Green Circle Salons is committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment – we know this makes us stronger. We welcome and encourage Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities, persons of any race, religion, ethnicity, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, immigration status, disability or other applicable legally protected characteristics to apply. Green Circle Salons will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.