Green Circle Salons is the industry’s first sustainable salon solution dedicated to fighting beauty waste and climate change.
Our new Solutions Waste Recovery Initiative powered by Green Circle Ideas, is a turnkey and cost effective solution designed to help you reduce the environmental impact of single use personal protective equipment (PPE), LDPE, and other plastic to ensure it is recycled and repurposed responsibly and safely.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Performance Bonus
- Remote – Anywhere in North America
- Additional vacation day provided each year
- 4.5 day work week during summer months
- Career progression, within a dynamic growing company
- B-Corp Certified and Certified Zero Waste Organization
The responsibilities of the Director of Solution Sales include developing key revenue-generating and customer retention strategies, tactics, and action plans. Successful execution of these strategies and tactics is required to achieve Green Circle Salons’ Solution Division’s business growth and financial targets. Under the direction of the VP of Revenue & Brand, the Director of Solution Sales duties include setting and achieving annual targets for new and existing revenue streams, delivering overall revenue growth, building strong, long-lasting business relationships with Member Success Specialists, Sales team, and other stakeholders in the field, while keeping abreast of industry and consumer trends.
The Director of Solution Sales will naturally align with our four core values:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop key revenue-generating and customer retention strategies, tactics, and action plans in the Waste Recovery business.
- Lead the Sales team towards meeting or exceeding revenue targets, company objectives, and client expectations.
- Identify service opportunities and develop processes to improve the sales function and customer experience.
- Ensure open communication with new and existing customers, manufacturers, distributors and internal teams.
- Support ongoing training and orientations with prospective and existing customers, accounts and partners.
- Closely monitor and measure ongoing pipelines and activities, sales and company initiatives, ensuring communication cadence, internally and externally.
- Work with the VP of Revenue & Brand to continually assess the department for areas of improvement.
- Demonstrate outward leadership, ownership and alignment with Senior Leadership Team decisions.
Sales and Business Development
- Coach, grow and develop the skills and capabilities of the Sales and teams. Support the Business Development Managers to ensure they deliver against monthly, quarterly and annual targets.
- Lead and support ongoing business development and stakeholder engagement.
- Act as a brand ambassador through participation in promotional and media events, media presentations, workshops and trade shows.
- Work with the VP of Revenue and Brand to develop sales strategies, identify opportunities for growth, new products and services, and assist with annual, long-term sales strategy, planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Provide market intelligence on competition, new products, pricing, costs, trends and market demand.
- Analyze the market landscape and develop strategic sales plans to maximize market opportunities.
- Support the company’s Customer Care team towards meeting their KPIs and delivering an excellent customer experience.
- Work with the VP of Revenue & Brand to enhance the quality of service to GCS customers through innovative practices and team coaching.
- Monitor client service and customer experience trends and develop and implement best practices.
- Conduct effective service training for client-facing team members.
- Leverage Hubspot to maintain detailed records on GCS customers, programs and results.
Planning and Reporting
- Work with the VP of Revenue & Brand to create and direct long- and short-term departmental goals and strategies.
- Develop KPIs aligning with company goals and objectives, measure and regularly report on progress against KPIs, and ensure accurate and timely communication of company goals and strategies.
- Work alongside the VP of Revenue & Brand to set the departmental budget.
- Collaborate with other departments to align the department’s goals with other areas of the business.
- Establish pricing strategies by product and service to build revenue and market share while delivering on corporate profit margin expectations.
- Recommend revisions and additions to existing sales reports and assist with developing new reporting tools.
- Lead talent acquisition and retention for the Solutions department.
- Determine the ROI of GCS participation in stakeholder events and partnerships.
- Confidentially handle sensitive information.
- Where required, assist in smoothly exchanging information, responsibilities, and materials.
- A strong working knowledge of the US or Canadian waste recovery market.
- A demonstrated ability to drive and deliver revenue and KPIs.
- Strong experience in all aspects of sales, including lead generation and nurturing, revenue growth strategies, distribution channel management, account development and management, and business planning.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct sales teams, both retail and wholesale.
- Excellent grasp of brand building and articulation of value propositions.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Excellent teamwork and team-building skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and customers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability with accounting and financial practices.
- Experience creating and managing budgets for a large, distributed department.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Experience creating incentives and compensation plans.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite and Google Workspace.
- A high degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Strong critical thinking skills and reasoning capabilities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to monitor financial accountabilities.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
Education and Experience
- 3-5 years of waste diversion experience is an asset.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field is required.
- Minimum (7-10) years of experience in sales, stakeholder relationship management and customer care.
- 3-5 years of direct work experience in a senior management capacity.
- Must hold a valid Drivers Licence.
Please submit your application by April 13, 2023 by 5:00 p.m to https://greencirclesalons.bamboohr.com/careers/27?source=aWQ9MTc%3D
Green Circle Salons is committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment – we know this makes us stronger. We welcome and encourage Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities, persons of any race, religion, ethnicity, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, immigration status, disability or other applicable legally protected characteristics to apply. Green Circle Salons will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.