Green Circle Salons is the industry’s first sustainable salon solution dedicated to fighting beauty waste and climate change. We have created a community of over 16,000 Waste Warriors who are keeping people and the planet beautiful.
Created by our Founder and CEO alongside beauty industry leaders our award winning program empowers salons to offset their emissions and recover up to 95 % of their beauty waste. That includes previously unrecoverable materials and hard-to-recycle materials like hair clippings, foils, excess hair colour, aerosol cans, and colour tubes.
Our goal is to help salons and spas be green, build revenue, gain clients and save money in a way that is ethical and simple. We do that while also ensuring that our own operations and practices are carbon neutral and sustainable. We’ve been certified by B Corp to acknowledge that we meet the highest standards of environmental and social responsibility.
The beauty industry creates 877 lbs of waste per minute. Our mission is to change that.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary + Commission
- Performance Bonus
- Hybrid Position
- Benefits from day one
- Additional vacation day provided each year
- 4.5 day work week during summer months
- Career progression, within a dynamic growing company
- B-Corp Certified and Certified Zero Waste Organization
The responsibilities of the Educator include executing key growth strategies, tactics and action plans. Successful execution of these strategies is required to achieve their sales targets. Additionally, the duties will involve achieving annual targets and building strong, long-lasting business relationships with Salon Owners, Staff, Manufacturers and Distributor Sales Representatives.
The Educator will naturally align with our four core values:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead generation, detailing and signing on new clients to ensure hitting and exceeding quarterly sales targets.
- Successful completion of lead meetings assigned to you by a GCS Customer Ambassador.
- Sustain open communication with Salon Owners and Staff to ensure they sell and promote GCS in the most effective, productive and efficient way possible.
- Maintain ongoing training with Manufacturers and Distributor Sales Reps when required.
- Revisit salons to offer additional opportunities and ideas on how to “green” their salon.
- Troubleshooting issues and addressing questions relating to our program.
- Act as a brand ambassador through participation in promotional and media events, media presentations, workshops with educational institutions and academies, and trade shows with Manufacturers and Distributors.
- Confidentially handling sensitive information.
- Ensure the accuracy of the appropriate sales documents and registrations and forward this information to the Director of Sales, Education & Customer Care and the GCS Corporate Office.
- Protect profit margins by ensuring the sales volumes remain high and that expenses such as travel are controlled sufficiently to ensure profits.
- Monitor quarterly sales reports and measure KPI (ensuring the accuracy of onboarding at 3 and 6 months).
- Recommend revisions/additions to existing sales reports and assist with developing new reporting tools and marketing materials as required.
- Ensure the accuracy of sales reports as submitted to the Director of Beauty. Proactively identify and share opportunities for sales process improvement with Senior Management and other Educators.
- Ensure GCS literature, leaflets, sales packages, and Welcome Kits are appropriately distributed.
- Provide feedback during Global Sales Team meetings.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Good listener capable of managing multiple changing priorities at once, i.e., multi-task.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Responds clearly and timely to requests for information.
- Customer service bias, i.e., taking personal responsibility to follow up with Clients or Staff to ensure their requests have been addressed promptly
- Excellent teamwork and team-building skills
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, co-workers, and customers.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite and Google Workspace.
- A high degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Strong critical thinking skills and reasoning capabilities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong problem-identification and problem-resolution skills.
- Willing and able to travel.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business management preferred.
- Minimum 3-7 years of experience in a sales role.
- 1-3 years of experience in the Beauty industry is an asset.
- Must hold a valid Drivers License
Please submit your application by April 13, 2023 by 5:00 p.m. EST. to https://greencirclesalons.bamboohr.com/careers/25?source=aWQ9MTg%3D
Green Circle Salons is committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment – we know this makes us stronger. We welcome and encourage Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities, persons of any race, religion, ethnicity, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, immigration status, disability or other applicable legally protected characteristics to apply. Green Circle Salons will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.