With the support of our Corporate Head Office team, you will be the sales lead for the pilot of a proven and successful business model in a test market in the Ottawa/Gatineau region. Upon successful market penetration (expected to be achieved in approximately one year), you will have the right to purchase market exclusivity for the territory and own the book of business you have built. This will provide an opportunity for a recurring revenue stream.
You are an ambitious, motivated, self-starting sales hunter, passionate about the environment You have:
- A strong sales skill set
- A strong customer service mentality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A personable and friendly demeanor
- A working knowledge of the Ottawa-Gatineau Hair Salon/Spa industry
You will naturally align with our four core values:
SEE THE POSSIBILITY
GO ALL – IN
Green Circle Salons is a complete service provider enabling salons and spas to offer greener, smarter choices to their guests and employees. Our business model is designed to generate additional revenue for salons and offer a pathway for salons to build a sustainable green business. We get salons started in a simple, affordable way and then provide a toolkit of achievable products and services that can make the green difference that salons and spas desire. Green Circle Salons represents the largest consortium of sustainably-minded salons, spas, beauty product manufacturers and distribution houses in the world.
We are looking for a motivated, ambitious, articulate, sales hunter to develop the Ottawa/Gatineau Region in Ontario. Based on mutual alignment against a sales and financial forecast that Green Circle Salons has already developed, you will be responsible for developing new leads, prospecting, and on-boarding new salon members in the territory. If successful in achieving the Year 1 sales forecast, you will have the opportunity to purchase the exclusive right to own and market the business in the territory. This will provide you with recurring revenue and the opportunity to continue to grow the business.
To be successful you must be comfortable communicating with customers to understand their needs and deliver a superb sales experience, from introduction to on-boarding. You must also be extremely comfortable with providing exceptional post-sale customer service that will reward you with recurring revenue.
The responsibilities of the sales leader during the test market pilot include identifying new business potential, executing key sales strategies and tactics to achieve identified revenue targets, while providing superior customer service for the life of the account.
Key duties will include:
- Lead generation and initiation of prospect calls
- Follow up on all leads that come via Corporate Office for the assigned territory
- Sell the GCS program and on-board new clients to ensure achievement of monthly revenue targets
- Set up customers in CRM
- Be the first line of contact for salons in the territory and provide customer service to all salons on-boarded in the territory
- Build strong, long-lasting relationships with salon owners and staff, ensure open communication and deliver a rewarding member experience
- Troubleshoot issues and address questions relating to the program
- Maintain good commercial relations with clients and potential clients in the territory
- Act as a local brand ambassador through participation at promotional and media events, presentations, workshops with educational institutions, academies, and trade shows with manufacturers and distributors
- Ensure the accuracy of the appropriate sales documents and registrations Follow Standard Operating Procedure protocols to ensure accurate onboarding and maintenance of accounts
- Monitor salons’ success with program by performing 1 week, 1 month, 3-, 6-month, and ongoing maintenance of the relationship
- Ensure the proper distribution of literature, leaflets, sales packages and Welcome Kits
- Maintain communications throughout the term of this Agreement with Corporate Office to facilitate the promotion and sale of the programs in the territory
- Be the first line of contact for all salons on-boarded in the territory and provide customer service to those salons
- Want to own your own business and willing to put in the work to build it
- Beauty industry experience is an asset
- MUST have at least 3 years of sales experience
- A background as Distributor Sales Consultant (DSC) considered an asset
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong prospecting, selling and closing skills
- Good listener capable of managing multiple priorities. Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Strong customer service bias
- A desire to be a business owner
- Bachelor’s degree in business management preferred
- Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software (Google Workspace, online video conferencing platforms such as Zoom and HighFive, CRM)